The craft of a good scribe history, narrative and meaning in the First Tale of Setne Khaemwas /
"In The Craft of a Good Scribe, Steve Vinson offers a comprehensive study of the Demotic Egyptian First Tale of Setne Khaemwas (Third Century BCE), the first to appear since 1900. "First Setne" is the most important extant Demotic literary text, and among the most important fictional...
|Author / Creator:|
|Imprint:||Leiden ; Boston : Brill, |
|Series:||Harvard Egyptological studies,
volume 3 |
|Online Access:||Available in ProQuest Ebook Central - Academic Complete.|
Table of Contents:
- History. A work of unexpected quality
- The mask of Khaemwas
- An unfathomable snare of the evil one
- An excellently weird and romantic story
- From Daffodils to Derrida
- Narrative and meaning. The "First tale of Setne Khaemwas"
- Repetition, mirroring and mise en abyme
- Buffalo buffalo buffalo
- At what is it that He Gazed?
- Ihweret, Tabubue and the "Magic book of thoth".