A companion to music in sixteenth-century Venice
|Other Authors / Creators:||Schiltz, Katelijne, 1974-|
|Imprint:||Leiden ; Boston : Brill, |
|Series:||Brill's companions to the musical culture of medieval and early modern Europe ;
Volume 2 |
Music > Social aspects > Italy > Venice > History > 16th century.
|Online Access:||Available in ProQuest Ebook Central - Academic Complete.|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction. Mapping musical life in cinquecento Venice / Katelijne Schiltz
- Musical institutions. San Marco / Giulio M. Ongaro ; Music at parish, monastic, and nunnery churches and at confraternities / Jonathan Glixon ; Parish and monastic churches : civic custom and the quotidian in the system of institutional patronage / Elena Quaranta ; Music and the academies of Venice and the Veneto / Iain Fenlon
- Music in the public and private space. Music, ritual, and festival : the ceremonial life of Venice / Iain Fenlon ; Ridotti and salons : private patronage / Rodolfo Baroncini
- Musical actors. The maestri di cappella / Francesco Passadore ; Silent voices : professional singers in Venice / Paolo Da Col ; Instrumentalists and instrument makers before c. 1550 / Bonnie J. Blackburn ; Instruments, instrument makers, and instrumentalists in the second half of the sixteenth century / Jeffrey Kurtzman
- Music printing and publishing in cinquecento Venice / Sherri Bishop ; From Aaron to Zarlino : music theorists in the social and cultural matrix of sixteenth-century Venice / Rebecca Edwards
- Genres, styles, and cross-cultural traditions. Cori spezzati in composition and sound / David Bryant ; The frottola in the Veneto / Giovanni Zanovello ; Venetian instrumental music in the sixteenth century / Eleanor Selfridge-Field ; Language, style, and subgenre in Venetian-language polyphony / Daniel Donnelly ; Jewish art music in late sixteenth- and early seventeenth-century Italy / Don Harran ; The 'other' coastal area of Venice : musical ties with Istria and Dalmatia / Ivano Cavallini.