The things we value culture and history in Solomon Islands /
|Other Authors / Creators:||Burt, Ben, editor.|
Bolton, Lissant, 1954- editor.
|Other Corporate Authors / Creators:||British Museum, sponsoring body, organizer of meeting.|
Cambridge University Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, sponsoring body.
Arts & Humanities Research Council (Great Britain), sponsoring body.
Universitetet i Bergen. Bergen Pacific Studies Research Group, sponsoring body.
|Imprint:||Canon Pyon : Sean Kingston Publishing, 2014.|
|Online Access:||Available in ProQuest Ebook Central - Academic Complete.|
Table of Contents:
- Solomon Islands artefact traditions and their historical transformation / Ben Burt and Lissant Bolton
- Santa Cruz feather-money / Salome Samou
- Kesa and other shell valuables from Choiseul / Rhys Richards
- Shell valuables and history in Roviana and Vella Lavella / Peter J. Sheppard and Richard Walter
- Traditional money and artefacts in Malaita / Michael Kwa'ioloa
- Bata : the adaptable shell-money of Langalanga, Malaita / Pei-yi Guo
- Clan valuables of Guadalcanal / Jackson Gege
- Collecting Makira : Kakamora stones, shrine stones and the grounds for things in Arosi / Michael Scott
- Some family treasures of Santa Isabel / Evelyn Tetehu
- Regenerating local arts at the Kwaio Cultural Centre / David Akin
- War canoes of the western Solomons / Edvard Hviding
- The trade in wood carvings from Aorigi, Makira / Sandra Revolon
- Artistic Bellona in the contemporary art of Solomon Islands / Jari Kupiainen.