The Jewish origins of cultural pluralism the Menorah Association and American diversity /
|Author / Creator:|
|Imprint:||Bloomington : Indiana University Press, c2011.|
|Series:||Modern Jewish experience (Bloomington, Ind.)
|Online Access:||Available in ProQuest Ebook Central - Academic Complete.|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: "Kultur Klux Klan or cultural pluralism"
- The Harvard Menorah Society and the Menorah idea
- The intercollegiate Menorah Association and the "Jewish invasion" of American colleges
- Cultural pluralism and its critics
- Jewish studies in an American setting
- A pluralist history and culture
- Pluralism in fiction
- Epilogue: "The promise of the Menorah idea".