Lincoln's enduring legacy perspectives from great thinkers, great leaders, and the American experiment /
|Other Authors / Creators:||Watson, Robert P., 1962-|
Pedersen, William D.
Williams, Frank J.
|Imprint:||Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2011.|
|Online Access:||Available in ProQuest Ebook Central - Academic Complete.|
Table of Contents:
- What would Lincoln do? / Robert P. Watson
- Tolstoy on Lincoln / Norman W. Provizer
- Mill and Lincoln on liberty / David Nordquest
- Theodore Roosevelt and the heirs of Abraham Lincoln / James MacDonald
- Woodrow Wilson and Lincoln's bridge to the world / Mary Elizabeth Stockwell
- Lincoln's impact on Martin Luther King Jr. / David Mass
- Lincoln and the idea of a democratic peace / Gordon Henderson
- African American memory and the Great Emancipator / John Barr
- Lincoln, the Roosevelts, and Herbert Croly's America / Richard Striner
- Lincoln's relationship with gentility in America / David Demaree
- Lincoln's use of religion and morality / Danny Adkison
- Shaping American foreign policy : comparing Lincoln/Seward and Nixon/Kissinger / Byron Daynes and Hyrum Salmond
- Lincoln as father : dealing with tragedy in the White House / Robert P. Watson and Richard M. Yon
- Reflections on Lincoln's enduring legacy : bicentennial reflections / Frank J. Williams.